Saturday, April 23, 2011
Oddest Autist Audibles
4. Screaming, "I want to live in a cage with the door shut!" ( Ashi relates most of life to the animal kingdom.)
5. Screaming at the top of her lungs, "I need to go the hospital!" for a very small abrasion that didn't even bleed. ( I hope the neighbors were gone that day.)
6. "My mother just got out of prison." ( Tweezers please!)
7. At Halloween, a little girl came to our house dressed as Satan, Ashi says, "I don't think God appreciates your costume very much." ( Okay, I was proud of her for saying that.)
8. Calling my Father-in-Law an old man, and also telling my Dad that "she doesn't appreciate him rummaging through her stuffed animals!" (Sheesh Grandpa, rummaging!!)
9. "What's a cookie?" asks my then-six-year-old, to every adult she met at the swimming pool last year. She's talking about information stored on a computer's hard drive and she knows what they are, she just wants to see if YOU know what they are. (dumbfounded 30, 40, 50...year olds)
10. The last time Ashi had a loose tooth I asked her to please give it to me when it came out so I could save it. She replied, "Okay." Then she yanked the tooth out and handed it to me! ( Ugh! It wasn't that loose!)
11. We homeschool and Ashi's teachers are on her laptop. I asked, "are you answering your teacher's questions?" She replies, "I'm questioning my teacher's answers!"
12 I ask her, "Do you know where your blue headband is?" She matter-of-factly says,"It's in California!" (We live in Kansas)
13. Ashi is very good at math and when she can see the answers without performing the work, she says, "I put my Math in my eye."
14. Word contractions are very easy for her. She explains, "I performed surgery on the words and the apostrophe is the scar!"
15. We moved recently and have not yet put up Ashi's trampoline, so she is jumping all over the furniture. I say, "Ashi, don't jump all over the furniture." She says, "Mom, I must use gravity!" ( well, okay then, since it's gravity!?)
16.) I put up safety gates for baby brother, Izaiah. Ashi says, "Mommy, do we live in a gated community now?" ( That wasn't in public, but is hilarious!)